Tehari/ Beef Curry Rice Recipe
Tehari is a combined dish of beef curry and rice. Old Dhaka city is the root of this delicious dish. In my home there is a fixed time to make tehari on Friday, everyone loves it a lot. Very quick and simple way you can make the tasty dish tehari/ beef curry rice recipe.Once in every week, sometime twice i have to cook tehari/ beef curry rice recipe, there is no option otherwise to cook, after all public demand is so high. Tehari/ beef curry rice recipe is a popular dish of old Dhaka city. In that part of city, their dishes are enriched with lots of spices and also fried but taste is so yummy. It is so simple and easy to cook. By my picture tutorial anyone can cook within a hour without any trouble.Many people make it in their own ways, i did the worlds easiest way to make tehari, just joking. Same like other but with a little my magic way. Later i will show you the chicken version. Same process only chicken is used instead of beef. Keep in touch and of course try it at home, tell me how it turns out for you.Lets go into my little kitchen to make tehari/ beef curry with aromatic rice and read my story.
1kg aromatic rice
2tb sp ginger paste
2tbl sp garlic paste
Chili powder 2tb sp
1sp cumin powder
1/2sp black pepper
3cup potato cube
Salt per taste
3 bay leaf
Prep Time: 10min ( except marinate time)
Cook Time: 45min
Total Time: 55min
How To Make Tehari/ Beef Curry Rice Recipe:
- First you have to wash the beef and aromatic rice,then drain water. Later mix all the spices step by step.
- Marinate the meat for 30min and if you have time, keep it in freeze overnight.
- Then cook marinated beef very well, i used pressure cooker but you can use any utensils to cook.
- In the mid time fry the potato like golden brown.
- Take a large pan to make tehari, beef 1kg, rice 1kg, water and potato, that means almost 3kg mixture. So you have to take near 3litre pan or utensil.
- Heat oil and fry onion, then add cinnamon, cardamon, bay leaf and saute very well.
- Also a little ginger and garlic paste and add soaked rice.
- Fry them together and evaporates the water from rice.
- Next add cooked meat and mix together slowly.
- When mixing complete add add warm water. I took 1kg rice so the water measurement will double of rice which means 2litre water. It is the easy way to measure when cooking one pot rice dish.
- And now add chili, potato, salt.
- Cover and cook for 15min on high heat.
- When evaporates water and bubbling a little, it is time to low the heat and spread ghee all over.
- With your hand jerk the pan to up and down the dish, do not use spoon. Over stirring can ruin the dish.
- At last heat at very low temperature to cook slowly. It is the key of taste. So please do not skip the process.
- Ready to serve.
Spices; cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon, black pepper
cardamom, cumin, salt, chili
Ginger, garlic, yogurt, Ghee
Potato, onion, green chili
Add red chili powder per your taste
Black pepper powder
Crush loves, cardamom, cinnamon
Add crushed spices
Mix them and keep them aside for 30min,
if you have time then more time marinate
Fry the potato
Adjust water with your cooker
Take a large pan, fry onion
Saute with bay leaf, loves, cardamom, cinnamon
Add soaked aromatic rice and stir until it becomes fried
Add cooked beef
Mix them well
lukewarm water double of rice you take
Add green chili
Add fried potato and cook on high heat 15min
After evaporating water, when a little bubble comes, low the heat
Spread ghee, cover and cook on very low heat for 15min
Ready to serve and enjoy.
More form my site;