Hey, everyone. Winter has come already. As though, a recipe has to describe, today the topic is pitha, mean of sweet dish or cake or pudding which made of new date jaggery. In this season different types of sweet pitha or dessert type dish is made not only in our home, but also in every home. Or even in every street corner, with a vehicle hawker sell pitha. So i am going to share a pitha recipe, steamed rice cake recipe/ bhapa pitha.
For this dish first of all have to make sure, the flour is made in home. Because the flour we get in store, has not the consistency of flour what we need. For that soak rice which is non boiled for 5-6 hour, then drain water. Actually i love to do anything in traditional way. So i used shil pata to blend, but you can use blender as well. By the way next step is fully captured in picture. Please follow that and keep in mind you have to make the pitha by hand excellency.Steamed Rice Cake Recipe/ Bhapa Pitha only tastes when it is warm. To eat perfect pitha, every time you have to steam it.
Lets start to take the great taste of pitha. Have a try at home and enjoy.
4cup rice flour
2cup date jaggery
1cup grated coconut
A pinch of salt
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 30min
Total time: 40min
How To Make Steamed Rice Cake Recipe/ Bhapa Pitha:
- At first take rice which is non boiled, then soak in water for 5-6 hour. Drain water for half an hour and blend it or use shil pata as traditional way. Next sieve flour to make pitha.
- Now take a bowl, add rice flour and add water slowly to make as like semolina type flour dough.
- In the middle time, boil water on saucepan and add strainer or small net.
- On a little bowl, add flour, jaggery, coconut and fold a thin cloth to steam.
- Then flip the bowl on the strainer, then remove bowl and cover it.
- After 5min uncover.
- Ready steamed rice cake.
Things are needed to make steamed rice cake
Rice atop or non boiled rice
Soak in water
Blend to make flour
Take a bowl
Mix water like semolina
Check like this
Ready to steam
Fold with a thin cloth
Boil water and add a strainer
Add rice flour and remove bowl
More from my site: