One of my favorite sweet dish is Split Chickpeas Fudge/ Cholar Daler Halwa. In my country, this tasty halwa only made in Shab-e-Barat. Basically it is made of sweets like jaggery or sugar.
That’s why like me who loves halwa eagerly wait for the occasion. I couldn’t make this halwa in my childhood. We wait when mom make halwa than we can taste. Now I can cook myself a little. If I couldn’t find any recipe, I have a magic book called Google. Its so much helpful to google any recipe, you can find easiest way to cook. Actually when I came to study in our capital, I couldn’t make anything. My husband taught me a lot. Then I bought a book of Siddika Kabirs Recipe book. That was my first learning on cooking. Still now I’m trying to learn different recipe and dishes. Actually whatever we made, but in our moms hand there was a magic. It only happens in moms hand not in our.
I like the jaggery one that’s why today I will share with Split Chickpeas Fudge/ Cholar Daler Halwa with jaggery. In all these thing you know my doctor suggest me to take less sweet dish. But I am a fond of sweets. Its not that I eat a lot of sweets or sugar based food, just take sometimes.
OK, now we can go to the recipe. To make this halwa, you have to take a lot of time. Because if you do it quickly, there will be a smell of raw split peas. That’s not the actual flavor of halwa. That’s why I am telling about time. please share with me how your halwa turns out. Let’s go the recipe. At first take a look of ingredients.
Split Chickpeas 1kg boiled
Coconut 3cup desiccated
Milk ½ liter
Cinnamon crushed 1sp
Prep Time: 20min
Cook Time: 1hour
Total Time: 1hour 20min
How To Make Split Chickpeas Fudge/ Cholar Daler Halwa:
- At first Split chickpeas soak overnight. Then boiled it in a low heat.Then make a paste of it without water.
- Roast nuts and crushed with a hammer or blender.
- Take a fry pan. Add oil and chickpeas paste.
- Add coconut, crushed nuts and cinnamon powder. Mix all together.
- Stir well until it looks like brownish.
- Then add milk. How much you are roasting the paste, enhance the taste of it.
- After roasting very well make sure it becomes crunchy type.
- Add jaggery and stir until its look like a dough.
- At the last time add ghee to enhance flavor.
- Put down on a tray, spray a little oil on the tray then cut as you like.Cut when it hot, later it will be hard.
- Now you can serve it.
- Cool it down and freeze, It will be more tasty
Boiled Split Peas
Split Peas Paste
Take a pan
Split Peas Paste
Add crushed nuts
Mix all together
It will like this
Stir with ghee
Ready to serve
Cut when it still hot, otherwise it will becomehard
You can check my other sweet recipe such as Caramel Egg Pudding Recipe