One of my favorite sweet dish is Split Chickpeas Fudge/ Cholar Daler Halwa. In my country, this tasty halwa only made in Shab-e-Barat. Basically Cholar Daler Halwa is made of sweets like jaggery or sugar.
Back there i share how to make this halwa with jaggery, today i will share the sugar one. All the ingredients are same, process is also some. Just exchange sugar with jaggery. In all these thing you know my doctor suggest me to take less sweet dish. But I am a fond of sweets. Its not that I eat a lot of sweets or sugar based food, just take sometimes.
OK, now we can go to the recipe. To make this halwa, you have to take a lot of time. Because if you do it quickly, there will be a smell of raw split peas. That’s not the actual flavor of halwa. That’s why I am telling about time. please share with me how your Split Chickpeas Fudge/ Cholar Daler Halwa turns out. Let’s go the recipe.
At first take a look of ingredients.
Split Chickpeas 1kg boiled
Coconut 3cup desiccated
Milk ½ liter
Cinnamon crushed 1sp
Prep Time :1 hour
Cooking Time : 2 hour
Total Time : 3 hour
How To Make Split Chickpeas Fudge/ Cholar Daler Halwa:
- At first Split chickpeas soak overnight. Then boiled it in a low heat.Then make a paste of it without water.
- Roast nuts and crushed with a hammer or blender
- Take a fry pan. Add oil and chickpeas paste.
- Add coconut, crushed nuts and cinnamon powder. Mix all together.
- Stir well until it looks like brownish.
- Then add milk. How much you are roasting the paste, enhance the taste of it.
- After roasting very well make sure it becomes crunchy type.
- Add sugar and stir until its look like a dough.
- At the last time add ghee to enhance flavor.
- Put down on a tray, spray a little oil on the tray then cut as you like.Cut when it hot, later it will be hard.
- Now you can serve it.
- Cool it down and freeze, It will be more tasty.
Boiled Split Peas
Split Peas Paste
Take a pan
Split Peas Paste
Mix all together
It will like this
Add sugar and ghee
Cut hot like this
You can the jaggery one split chickpeas fudge.