Hey, everyone. I am back with a new recipe. Rice flour pancake which we named as chitoi pitha. First of all tell you guys, this is one of hubby’s favorite pitha. So often i have to make Rice Flour Pancakes/ Chitoi Pitha Recipe for him with coriander leaves paste, chutney. Talking of chitoi pitha, it has a own taste what is lovely and also great taste.
Only two ingredients is needed to make rice flour pancakes, rice flour and water. Thats it, actually It is very very simple and easy recipe. Anyone can rice flour pancakes/ chitoi pitha recipe make it without any trouble. But you have to make sure the flour is had to make at home. I told this before again i am saying, the store rice flour has not the consistency we need. So keep distance from store rice flour, make it your own one. I have shared it, you can check it out.
When i made chitoi after finishing all that told my maid, bring me banana leaves from anywhere for my photo shoot. She said where will i get, my answer was i don’t know just bring some. After that day she came next day with such lovely banana leaves and said me you gave me a very hard job. In these days like our crowded city who plant banana tree, as though people has no place to live, you are finding leaves. I laughed and asked where she find that. She cut two leaves from our neighbor house. I astonished, i had no idea they planted banana tree. Such a experience in city living, if these problem find out in village. In every home has their own banana tree that is not a problem at all, free with banana. Rural life is so easy than city life.
Ok, now lets go to the kitchen and see how to make rice flour pancakes or chitoi pitha.
3cup rice flour
A pinch of salt
2cup lukewarm water
Prep Time: 5min
Cook Time: 15min
Total Time: 20min
How To Make Rice Flour Pancakes/ Chitoi Pitha Recipe :
- At first make rice flour at home. It has shared as a post, you can check it. Because store bought rice flour is not perfect for this recipe.
- Take rice flour on a bowl. Add warm water slowly and mix to make a batter, which is not too thick or not too thin. In the middle of something the batter will look like in picture tutorial has shown.
- Add salt, chili, coriander leaves, mix them all.
- Take a clay cooking pan or use iron pan to make chitoi and heat on high.
- Then add batter a little and cover.
- After a little while uncover and check if it comes easily then its done. Otherwise again cook a little.
- Ready to serve.
Homemade rice flour
Chitoi pitha pan
Take rice flower on a bowl
Add warm water slowly
The batter will not too thick or thin
If needed add more warm water
Add coriander leaves
Ready to cook
Heat a pan on high
Add chitoi batter
Check after 3 min if it comes easily then pick up
otherwise cook for another 2min
Ready to dig in
You can also check my other pitha recipe such as Steamed Rice Cake Recipe/ Bhapa Pitha