Hi, there. Hope all of you well. Today my post is orange lentils with bottle gourd recipe/ lau recipe. We called it, lau diye masoor er dal. It is one of my favorite dish. Actually i like all of recipe made of bottle gourd, such as, lau vaji, lau with meat, lau with milk, lau shak etc and etc. isn’t it funny? of course its not. Because i am the biggest fan of lau, just jokking. Lets go to our kitchen room, find out what i have to share.
Bottle gourd is one kind of vegetables, which people eat by so many ways. It is also very beneficial for health. Because many vitamin, mineral and a lots of water is enriched in it. We even eat its seeds, like mashed way. That tastes so good. I will share the recipe one day.
Lets have a look what we need to cook orange lentils with bottle gourd recipe.
500g bottle gourd( lau)
150g orange lentils( masoor dal)
2tb sp onion
1sp cumin powder
2tb sp garlic
1/2 cup oil
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 30min
Total Time: 40min
How To Make Orange Lentils With Bottle Gourd Recipe/ Lau Recipe:
- At first you have to wash the bottle gourd with water, then peel off and cut into little pieces.
- Soak orange lentils in water for 10min and clean.
- Heat a pan on low, then step by step add onion, garlic, chili, turmeric, salt, cumin and mix well.
- And then add orange lentils , bottle gourd and mix well, cover lid.
- Cook for 20 min and stir.
- Then check the gourd and stir a little.
- Again cover and cook.
- After that stir and without cover cook on low heat for 5min.
- When the oil separating from mixture, the dish is done. You can adjust seasoning such as salt,cumin, you can add.
- Ready to serve and enjoy.
Orange lentils( masoor dal)
Take a korai or pan, heat low
Add orange lentils
Add bottle gourd
Ready to cook
Cook for 20min on medium heat
Cook on low heat
Stir a little and
Ready to serve
More from my site: