Hey, everyone. Hope you guys are doing well. Winter has come. So it becomes a dull and no sun day. But i am enjoying, because my favorite season is winter. In the day, when sun comes with a light shine, perfect that is my favorite moment. Malanga Coco/ Maan kochu Recipe is the dish for today.
Winter season come with a lot of greenly vegetables, that are not available in other season. Such as cauliflower, cabbage, bean, malanga coco etc and etc. Todays recipe is tropical vegetable malanga coco, in Bengali we called Maan kochu or shola kochu. It is so tasty, because of coconut paste mixed so softly with Malanga Coco/ Maan kochu Recipe.
No more talking, lets have look what we need to cook the recipe.
500g Maan kochu or Malanga coco
(12pc round shape medium size)
1/2cup coconut paste
1/2sp turmeric powder
1sp red chili powder
1sp cumin powder
2tb sp garlic
2tb sp ginger
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 30min
Total Time: 40min
How To Cook Malanga Coco/ Maan kochu Recipe :
- At first peel off Malanga coco, then wash well and give them a round shape like biscuit. Use the wastage of kochu in the dish.
- Boil some water, add Maan kochu in it. Put lid and cook for 10min. After that drain the water and separate Malanga coco. Keep aside them.
- Heat a pan, add oil and onion. Then sauté until its translucent.
- Then step by step add turmeric powder, chili, ginger, garlic, cumin, red chili and sauté very well.
- Add coconut paste and stir continuously, to mix all the mixture add a little water. Cook a little while.
- After that add Malanga coco mixing well, add water and cover. Adjust the heat as though it cooks perfect. I cooked at least 20 min.
- Uncover the lid and stir a little, it’s called koshano. Again put the lid and heat on low for 5min.
- Tips you can taste a little and adjust seasoning.
Red chili powder
Malanga round shape
Heat a pan
Add malanga coco
C00k on high heat for 10min
Heat a pan
Fry onion until translucent
Add Green chili
Add turmeric powder
Add cumin powder
Add a little water
Cook for 2min
Add maan kochu
Cook for 20min on high heat
Stir and cook on low heat
More from my site: