I am proud to be a Bengali from Bangladesh . People called us “Mach-e vat-e” Bengali as a nick name. It means our main food is Rice and fish. So today i am going to share a fish curry/ easy fish recipe. Actually we can’t think any occasion or daily basis meal without fish. That’s why the phrase came out.
So today I will share one of my favorite fish recipe. This recipe is very easy to cook and tastes well. But I have to say cooking fish in our region is one kind of tradition and culture. Because in our country different area’s people eat or cook differently, that’s make a different recipe or taste.
I am from north Bengal. We cook same recipe but in our own way. Briefly I can say my mom from south part of Bangladesh and papa is from north part. In south people always fry their fish at first then they cook it. But in north people love to taste steamed fish with a little spice. It has a great flavor. As I grew up in north, I love steamed food. I also like fried fish recipe. But if anyone would ask me, which you pick up?
I will definitely pick steamed food, Because of more healthy and tasteful. And this type of recipe has the actual flavor of fish which is incredible.
Just like the topic I am going to share a beautiful recipe. Fish curry/ easy fish recipe, you can cook it with any kind of big or medium fish. I took Rui fish. In my daily cooking recipe, I cook it often in my kitchen. My family member loves this recipe a lot.
Let’s go, at first take a look what ingredients we should need.
Green chili paste 2sp
Red chili powder 1/2sp
Garlic paste 1sp
Ginger paste 2sp
Onion paste 1sp
Cumin powder 1/2sp
Turmeric powder 1sp
Prep time: 15min
Cooking time: 20min
Total time: 35min
How to Make Fish Curry/ Easy Fish Recipe:
- At first clean the fish very well. Then mix all the ingredients with fish very well except onion slices.
- Marinate the fish about 10min to 30 min. As long time you have.
- Take a pan and add oil, then add onion to fry.
- When it became light brown add the fish head first, because its hard and big. It takes a time to cook.
- After stirring a while add all the pieces of fish to the pan and stir some time.
- Then add 1 cup of water and put the lid to cook about 5min on a medium heat.
- Next change the side of fish and again put the lid.
- After 5min again change the fish side and heat the pan on a low heat. It will become gravy and fish oil will rise up.
- Add some coriander leaves and serve it.
Red chili powder
Green chili paste
Add red chili
Add ginger paste
Add garlic paste
green chili paste
Mix all the ingredients with fish
Mix a little water
Take a pan
Add fish head
Add marinated fish
Stir a while
Put lid on medium heat
After 5min change the side of fish
Again put the lid
After 5min put on dim heat
Oil will up with gravy then add coriander
Ready to serve.
You can also check my other fish recipe such as Pabda Fish Curry/ Pabda Catfish Recipe.