Easy Rice Pudding Recipe/ Khejur Gurer payesh is one of my favorite sweet dish. In English it’s called rice pudding. Now I am going to share easy rice pudding recipe. It’s so simple and easy to cook. Anyone can make it thoroughly following my step by step pictorial.
Winter is perfect to taste the dish, because in this time villager collects sweet water from date palm trees. After processing many steps, we get date jaggery or khejurer gur. Gur is available all the time, but in winter we can buy the fresh one. It smells so aromatic; nothing can be compared with this. Not only payesh, with jaggery we make also pitha, sweets and different type of desserts with Khejur gur.
Easy Rice Pudding Recipe/ Khejur Gurer payesh only three ingredients are needed to make, which are milk, jaggery and rice. People make the dish in their own style, but these three things must be used after or another. I described the recipe in my own ways. So let’s have a look how to cook-Easy Rice Pudding Recipe/ Khejur Gurer payesh and give a try at home.
1cup aromatic scented rice
1& half liter milk
1cup coconut grated
2 bay leaves
Raisin, nuts (optional)
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Total Time: 50 min
How to Make Easy Rice Pudding Recipe/ Khejur Gurer payesh:
- At first wash and soak rice for 1hour.Then boil 1liter water on a pan and add jaggery.
- When water is bubbling, add rice. As though rice takes a lot time to cook you can chill. At that time add cinnamon and bay leaf. Stir a little to make sure rice is not burnt at bottom.
- On the other pan take milk and bring to boil. Remember milk is important part of Kheer. Turn the heat on medium temperature and boil until it’s thickened. If milk has its rawness, when you add on rice, it became curdle. So don’t hesitate to boil milk for more time.
- Let’s have a look on rice. By the time may be rice cooked well, now stop the heat.
- Gently add thickened milk and stir. Add coconut to enhance its taste.
- When mixed well, keep aside to cool down. You can also add raisin, nuts etc. I didn’t mix anything you can mix, it’s up to you.
Aromatic scented rice
Heat a pan and boil milk
Take another pan and boil water
Add bay leaf and cinnamon
Cooked until rice soften
Cooked soften rice
Cook a little
Keep it to cool
Similar post from my site: