Bitter gourd recipe, todays my topic. i always tried to avoid from my childhood. Father scolded us not to eat bitter gourd. He said that bitter gourd is very essential for health, its also beneficial for blood to purify. So we had no option otherwise to eat bitter gourd.
When i went to study outside and staying in hostel. Our maid cooked bitter gourd sometimes and i escaped that dish very wisely taking egg omelet. But after my marriage i fall out into trouble, because my hubby’s favorite dish is bitter gourd. Now what should i do, its a big question. Then i started to try learning how to cook tasty dish with bitter melon. But couldn’t find any amazing recipe. Somehow back then my mom came to visit me and i wasn’t at home. My maid was there, asked mom what to cook. She looked at fridge and found some bitter gourd and shrimp. Then she cooked a amazing dish by herself.
That day we sat on dinning and tasted a great recipe which was made of my favorite shrimp. Luckily on that dish bitter gourd was there, so it also got favorite mark by hubby. One dish but two favorite ingredients, after finishing dinner i wrote down the recipe. Thanks to Ma for giving me such a lovely dish.
Anyway as it my mothers recipe, so i named it bitter gourd recipe of mom. Lets go have a look, what we need to cook.
1/2kg Bitter gourd
2sp ginger paste
2sp garlic paste
1sp cumin powder
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 30min
Total Time: 40min
How To Make Bitter Gourd Recipe:
1. At first slice bitter gourd like onion and clean with salt, as though all bitterness go away. Clean the shrimp.
2. Take a pan and add oil, saute onion with chili.
3. Step by step add ginger, garlic, cumin, red chili, turmeric, salt and last shrimp.
4. Mix all thing together and saute.
5. When oil starts separating from the mixture, add bitter gourd.
6. Put lid and cook on high heat for 10min.
7. After that open lid, stir gently to evaporate.
8. Put on medium heat, slowly it will become golden brown.
9. Now ready to serve.
Bitter gourd/ Melon
Take a pan
pan with oil
Add cumin powder
Stir very well
Mix all together
Mix all together
Ready to cook
Cook a little on medium heat
It will look like golden brown
More vegetable recipe from my site: